Friday 3 April 2009

April already!!!!!!

This long cardi is knitted in Denim Chunky. It's lovely and cosy and the self patterning yarn made it a very quick project to knit.


Unfortunately the beauty of this yarn doesn't really show up on this photo. It is a heavy boucle yarn with antique look sheer ribbon tufts. I bought it in as a bulk buy, with several other colourways, on ebay last year. When it arrived I was disappointed, as it wasn't how I had imagined and was impossible to knit with on my chunky machine, so I filed it away with the rest of my stash! On rediscovering it I did some sampling and found that it would knit on every other needle providing I stopped every few rows to detach the ribbon bits from the gatepegs! It makes a super heavy fabric and I'm now wondering how to use the other colours!!
Another ebay find! This is a very soft eyelash yarn. Although it is fairly fine I didn't think the beauty of the yarn showed up very well knitted normally but when knitted on alternate needles the yarn really comes to life. This is a really soft, snuggly shoulder wrap, which is perfect for chilly spring evenings!







Last month was a month for sampling, planning and designing. Hopefully April will be a good month for knitting and finishing ongoing projects!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: